Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Today it is new year day of 2009.
We used to stay my parent's home in Yokohama.
But this year we staid in U.S.A. because of we live in Boise Idaho.
My kids said "Is it New year's day? Is it real?"
I and my wife agreed.
It was not seemed "New year day".

There are no ad in news paper, in Japan we can see lot of ad in newspaper on January 1st.
But my wife made "Ozoni" for breakfast.
Ozoni is like soup with baked rice cake.
The base of soup was made from Turkey's bone which we ate Thanks giving day.
It was so nice!

Haruki ate 2 bowl of soup !
And I gave my kids "Otoshidama", it means new year's gift of money, or special allowance.

We staid at home all day in easy.
We were enjoying cards and UNO.
My wife cooked lamb, it was first time to eat for us.
The meat can eat easily and very tasty!

Haruki and Minami ate well.
We started new year's life.
We gonna try several things and enjoy Boise life!



No comments: